Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Can your oils be ingested?
Since we are not licensed aromatherapist or doctors we cannot recommend internal use. Essential oils are highly concentrated and can cause serious internal damage if ingested without consulting a qualified and expert practitioner. We are not aware of your allergies or current medications and want to ensure you safely ingest oils. With that being said, many Plantlife customers use our oils internally due to their purity, but the choice to ingest oils is solely up to each individual.
Are your products vegan?
We pride ourselves in making vegan products. All of our product lines are vegan (except lip balms) and gluten free.
Are you cruelty free?
Yes, we are 100% cruelty free. We do not test on animals nor do any of our suppliers.
Can you refund or exchange a Plantlife product I purchased at a store?
We are not able to refund or exchange Plantlife products purchased at a retailer or from another online vendor. If there is a problem with the product you purchased at a store or through another online retailer, please contact them directly for reparation.
Can I put Essential Oils right on my skin like perfume?
We always recommend dilution of essential oils prior to topical use as they are quite literally 1000 times more potent than their leafy counterparts. Many essential oils can actually cause severe burns and rashes when applied neat so it is always wise to dilute first. You can dilute your essential oils with carrier oils or other base oils with little to no aroma. Additionally, you can add the essential oil to an existing organic or natural (fragrance free) lotion or moisturizer. You'll want to use 10 and 15 drops per 4oz of product.
My skin is dry and flaky, what is the best product to use?
Body oils are a great choice for those with dry and flaky skin. Simply massage into warm, damp skin after a shower or bath for the hydration your skin needs. During fall and winter months when the weather is dry, substitute your regular hand lotion with the body oil! Those chapped hands will be a distant memory in no time!
I have chemical sensitivity, can I use Plantlife products?
Plantlife products are all natural and contain no harmful chemicals or synthetics which may affect people who suffer from chemical sensitivity. We pride ourselves on using only the purest ingredients straight from nature! All products should always be patch tested prior to use even if you don’t have allergies or sensitive skin. To test, simply apply a small amount of the product to the soft area in the crook of your elbow. If reaction occurs, discontinue use immediately.
Can I use Plantlife soaps on my hair?
Absolutely! Most Plantlife Aromatherapy Herbal soaps can be used on hair, though we don't recommend the Peppermint or Cassia Clove as some people may experience sensitivity to it.
Can I use Plantlife soap to on my face?
Most Plantlife soaps can be used on the face. We do not recommend using Peppermint or Cassia Clove due to the combination of the sensitivity of facial skin and the spicy notes of those particular essential oils used in the soap. Our skin bars are an excellent choice for the face.
Is Herbal Insect safe for babies and children?
Herbal Insect soap, body oil and repair balm are safe and effective for children under 1 as it contains all-natural ingredients and a low concentration of blended essential oils. The balm is excellent if your little ones suffer from hot spots. If you are considering purchasing the Herbal Insect Essential Oil Blend, please dilute prior to topical application as it is quite concentrated.
Is Herbal Insect safe for my dog?
You can use the soap, and balm directly on the skin. The body oil can be applied like you would other topical flea treatments (a few drops down the spine). Another great option would be our Herbal Insect Essential Oil Blend. Soak their leather collars in a solution of 1 cup water to 10 drops essential oil for about an hour. Then let the collar dry completely (24 hours or so) before attaching. Also, if you’re hiking or planning to be around other dogs, carry a small spray bottle with a solution of 4 ounces of distilled water to 6 drops Herbal Insect Essential Oil Blend and spray liberally every few hours avoiding the eyes and snout. It may be a bit of a pain to make it, but it sure is worth it! Our Herbal Insect Line should not be used with cats.
I am not happy with the essential oil I received, can I exchange or return my oil?
We completely understand scent is subjective and what may appeal to some, won't to others. We want you to always be thrilled with your Plantlife purchase so, you are more than welcome to send it back to us for a product refund within 30 days of purchasing. Learn more about our return policy here.
Plantlife Did You Know
- Plantlife has been manufacturing natural body care products since 1994. Stability and longevity has enabled us to ship 98% of all orders within 3 business days. Our products are manufactured in the United States, by us.
- We are a pure botanical line and use only natural ingredients derived from plants, including organic herbs and 100% pure essential oils. No preservatives, carcinogens, synthetics or chemicals are used in any of the product lines.
- Plantlife product lines are vegan (except lip balms) and gluten free
- Plantlife is well respected for quality products that do what they say. Consumers love our products and keep on buying them.
- Plantlife’s products are formulated to provide an Aromatherapy and Therapeutic benefit, always with the customer’s health and wellness in mind.
- Plantlife’s Aromatherapy Herbal Soap is widely used by people who have skin disorders, a low tolerance to chemicals (such as fragrance oils), who have allergies and/or are suffering from illnesses. Our soaps are gentle, healing and non-irritating.
- Plantlife cares about people and planet and partners with various organizations to promote wellness, education and support.
- We take great pride in producing high quality, “good for the body” products while keeping our prices low.